Read the parts of your camera manual on file size/quality settings/scene modes or creative modes
- Find out how to set your camera to the best file size/quality settings (Always aim for superfine quality and large file size.)
- Change the settings if need be (or bring the camera and manual and we will help)
- Find out what scene/creative modes you have (eg landscape/portrait/snow/night)
- Take the same photo for several file quality settings, if possible using a tripod. Compare (view on PC) the sharpness of each image by zooming in. Why do they differ?
- Take the same photo using several scene/creative mode settings, if possible using a tripod. Compare (view on PC) depth of field and colour. How do they differ and how might you use what you have learned?
*Write down your choices so you know which images correspond to each setting. Where (view on PC) is shown this part may have to be completed later.