Need help using your camera? Try this!
Before you start
Dials and other settings may not be as you expect so always spend a few minutes with the camera’s manual and checking out the basic settings and control features and check how to do the following.
- Select your preferred ‘shooting mode’ if available eg; auto, aperture, shutter and change s necessary during a photo session.
- Set the image stabilisation [if available might be a button, in a menu or a shooting mode]
- Turn the flash ‘on’ and ‘off’ as desired, and understand flash behaviour with various shooting modes [switch off for less harsh lighting]
- Choose the macro (flower) setting for closeup photograps, [off otherwise]
- Set ‘scene modes’ if an option
- Adjust sensor sensitivity (ISO) settings
To take a photo
- set zoom to suit subject
- focus camera [point at main subject, touch/half press shutter release button to focus] respond if there are warnings eg if too close to a subject for proper focus
- compose photo [keep shutter release button half down to maintain focus and other settings, don’t alter zoom]
- take photo [fully press shutter release button]